Gmail across web and mobile will now feature four distinct components:
- Mail, which has not changed and is the same Gmail experience users know and love.
- Chat, which allows users to message individuals and small groups directly.
- Rooms, which are spaces that include shared chat, files, and tasks to help groups more easily work on projects.
- Meet, which features upcoming meetings that you can view and join.
|Mail, Chat Rooms and Meet tabs in Gmail on mobile|
|Shared files and tasks in rooms|
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
This launch will create a better home for work that intelligently brings together the people, content, and tasks you need to make the most of your time. It will not only integrate core tools like video, chat, email, files, and tasks, it’ll make them better together, so that you can more easily stay on top of things, from anywhere.
With a centralized location for your communication and collaboration, you’ll be able to:
- Spend less time switching between apps.
- Choose the right channel for the job.
- More effectively collaborate on project work.
- Search emails and chats from one place.
We hope this new integrated experience in Gmail helps you stay focused, be productive, and collaborate more effectively—no matter what your workspace looks like.
With this launch, you’ll also be able to open and co-edit a document with your team without leaving Gmail. This will make it easier for you to collaborate directly within the context of where you’re doing your work at that moment.
In addition, we’ll introduce several new tools to help you prioritize and stay focused. You’ll be able to:
- Assign group tasks.
- Get notified about task updates in rooms.
- Pin important rooms so they’re easier to find and access.
- Set your availability to “Do not disturb.”
- Better protect your time with status notices in Chat like “Out of office”
- See files shared in a room.
- Available to all G Suite customers over the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the G Suite Updates blog for information on the exact timing.
Net Universe offers all Google devices with worldwide Delivery Services.
Send us an email to [email protected] for more information or visit https://www.netuniversecorp.com/google.
You can visit our Shop Online