We’ll introduce the new feature according to this timeline:
- August 31, 2020: The setting to control sharing with people who are not using a Google account will begin to appear in the Admin console. This setting may be on or off by default depending on your current settings. See “Getting started” below to learn more. This setting will not start taking effect for users until September 8, 2020 (for Rapid release domains) or September 28, 2020 (for Scheduled release domains).
- September 8, 2020: Users in Rapid Release domains will be able to use the new feature, if enabled by their admin.
- September 28, 2020: Users in Scheduled Release domains will be able to use the new feature, if enabled by their admin.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
G Suite customers often work with partners outside of their company. These external users, or “visitors,” don’t always have Google accounts, making it more difficult for G Suite and non-Google users to collaborate seamlessly and securely.
This new feature will help ensure smooth and secure collaboration with visitors through:
- Rich collaboration—including comments, edits, and more—with anyone you need to work with, regardless of whether they have a Google account.
- Audit logging for collaboration with visitors, so that all interactions are monitored and recorded.
- Ability to revoke access and remove collaborators as needed.
- Reduced need to download, email, or create separate files to work with external users who don’t have Google accounts.
If the visitor chooses to create a G Suite account with their email address, their collaboration and activity history will be preserved after the account is created.
Visitor sharing will not be supported for Cloud Identity users. With this launch, Cloud Identity users will only be able to share with non-Google recipients by sending invites that allow users to preview file contents in a read-only mode without signing in to Google accounts.
- Sharing outside of your organization to users with non-Google accounts will be ON by default if you currently allow users in your organization to send sharing invitations to people outside your organization who are not using a Google account.
- Sharing outside of your organization to users with non-Google accounts will be OFF by default if you currently do not do not allow sharing outside your organization, or use domain whitelisting, Use our Help Center to learn more about sharing to non-Google accounts.
- Visitor sharing will be controlled by new settings at Admin console > Apps > G Suite > Drive and Docs > Sharing Settings. See image below. The new settings can be controlled at the domain or OU level.
Admin console setting:
End user feature availability:
- Available to G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise, G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education, G Suite for Nonprofits, and G Suite Essentials customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, Cloud Identity customers, or users with personal accounts
Net Universe offers all Google devices with worldwide Delivery Services.
Send us an email to [email protected] for more information or visit https://www.netuniversecorp.com/google.
You can visit our Shop Online