Timeline to fully transition to new Sites by end of 2021
Here’s a detailed look at the expected timeline for the transition from classic Sites to new Sites:
- Currently available – Classic Sites Manager, a tool which can help admins and users manage the transition to new Sites. See more details below.
- Starting August 13, 2020 – New Sites will become the default option for website creation. See more details below.
- Starting May 2021 – New website creation will no longer be available in classic Sites. This means that any new websites created in your organization will only be in new Sites.
- Starting October 2021 – Editing of any remaining classic Sites will be disabled.
- Starting December 2021 – When users try to visit a classic Site, they will no longer see the website content. Any remaining classic Sites will automatically be:
- Downloaded as an archive.
- Replaced with a draft in the new Sites experience for site owners to review and publish.
Enable new Sites for users today
New Classic Sites Manager tool now available
New Sites the default option starting on August 13, 2020
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Since launching new Sites, we’ve listened to and incorporated your feedback, and top requests are now included in the new Sites experience. These include:
- Admin permissions that allow you to control your users’ ability to edit and create sites within your domain.
- Section layouts and pre-built templates that let users create websites with fewer clicks and less site creation expertise.
- Version history that allows users to see their edit history, revert and restore previous versions, and review the history of who made changes.
- New tile types that let users be more expressive with website content, including a table of contents, image carousels, collapsible text, and more.
- Custom URLs and publishing to an audience that let users share their website content.
- New Sites default: This change will take place by default if you have both classic Sites and new Sites enabled. You can turn new Sites on or off for users at the OU or group level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to enable new Sites.
- Classic Sites Manager console: Use our Help Center to learn more about the Classic Sites Manager and plan for your transition using this migration guide.
New Sites default:
Classic Sites Manager tool:
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google accounts.
Net Universe offers all Google devices with worldwide Delivery Services.
Send us an email to [email protected] for more information or visit https://www.netuniversecorp.com/google.
You can visit our Shop Online