Quick launch summary
We’re making two updates to the Admin console:
New 2-Step Verification (2SV) controls:
We’re updating the controls you use to configure 2SV in the Admin console. You may notice:
- A new “2-Step Verification settings” section of the Security page where you can turn 2SV on or off and control other related settings. You can find this at Admin console > Security > 2-Step Verification.
- The ability to turn 2SV enrollment on or off for each organizational unit (OU). Previously you could only turn it on or off for the whole domain. Once it’s turned on, additional 2SV policies can be adjusted.
- New interfaces which prevent admins accidentally locking themselves out of an account by enforcing 2SV without being enrolled in 2SV.
- An updated and streamlined interface.
The new 2-Step Verification settings section in the Admin console
In the 2SV section you can configure 2-Step Verification enforcement by OU
New section for single sign-on settings for SAML applications
We’re making some updates to the settings you use to set up single sign-on for SAML applications. You may notice:
- The settings that apply to all SAML applications when Google is the Identity Provider (IdP) are now in their own section in Security settings at Admin Console > Security > Set up single sign-on (SSO) for SAML applications.
- The functionality is not changing but you will find a more streamlined experience for managing certificates and to download IdP metadata.
The new SSO for SAML settings section in the Admin console
The new SSO for SAML area where you can control related settings
- Admins: The new per-OU 2SV enforcement feature will be set at the organization level (root OU) to the value you had prior to the launch, so that there is no change in behavior. After the launch, you can now change 2SV enforcement at an OU level. You can also use exception groups for 2SV enforcement settings, in addition to 2SV settings where you could already use exception groups. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to deploy 2-Step Verification for your organization.
- End users: There is no end user impact for the feature.
- Available to all G Suite and Cloud Identity customers
Net Universe offers all Google devices with worldwide Delivery Services.
Send us an email to [email protected] for more information or visit https://www.netuniversecorp.com/google.
You can visit our Shop Online